Remarkable advances in neuroscience and behavioral medicine have demonstrated that drug addiction is a complex and multifaceted brain disease characterized by a loss of control over the use of drugs that results in recurring and progressively adverse consequences.
Signs and symptoms may include:
- Loss of behavioral control—not being able to stop using drugs, risky or inappropriate conduct, failed attempts to quit or control using
- Tolerance—the need to drink greater amounts of alcohol to attain the same effect
- Mood swings
- Increasingly stressed family or interpersonal relationships
- Diminished job or academic performance
- Heightened defensiveness
- Physical dependence
- Withdrawal syndrome
Treatment and Recovery
Like diabetes or cardiovascular disease, addiction is a chronic debilitating condition that requires highly focused individualized treatment followed by long term care and support.
Components of our comprehensive continuum of care include:
- Medically supervised hospital based detoxification and stabilization
- Multidisciplinary inpatient and residential programs
- Intensive outpatient programs
- Transitional living programs
- Long-term continuing care programs
At RiverMend Health we offer life-changing solutions for men, women, and adolescents at modern facilities in a warm, friendly environment.
Based upon best practices in addiction & behavioral medicine our comprehensive treatment includes:
- Expert medical care by physicians whom are board certified in addiction medicine and psychiatry
- Medically managed detoxification
- Comprehensive medical, psychiatric, neurological, and psychological evaluation
- Evidence-based individualized treatment programs that include educational and therapy groups, individual counseling, structured exercise, nutrition counseling, spiritual care and 12-step programs
Our evidence-based, individualized treatment is divided into three phases to provide the most life-enhancing recovery experience possible. We offer expert medical and psychological care and support during detoxification, primary treatment and throughout aftercare. Lifelong recovery is our goal.
Get Help Now
Call 844-871-3187 to speak to a RiverMend drug use disorder expert. Our compassionate, friendly staff will guide you through a free phone consultation, discuss your treatment options, and schedule an in-person evaluation from a physician at one of our RiverMend Health alcohol addiction treatment centers.