Signs and symptoms may include:
- Loss of behavioral control as a result of intoxication—not being able to stop drinking, impaired judgment, failed attempts to quit or control drinking
- Tolerance—the need to drink greater amounts of alcohol to attain the same effect
- Mood swings
- Increasingly stressed family or interpersonal relationships
- Impaired job or academic performance
- Heightened defensiveness
- Physical dependence (not all alcoholics are physically dependent)
Like diabetes or cardiovascular disease, alcohol use disorder is a chronic debilitating condition that requires highly focused individualized treatment followed by long term care and support.
Components of comprehensive, patient centered treatment include:
- Medically supervised hospital based detoxification and stabilization
- Multidisciplinary inpatient and residential programs
- Intensive outpatient programs
- Transitional living programs
- Long-term continuing care programs
Recovering from Alcohol Use Disorder
The first step on the road to recovery is simply asking for help. At RiverMend Health, we know that recovery from addictive disease depends on high quality, evidence-based treatment. We offer treatment plans that combine best practices in addiction medicine to equip patients with the tools necessary to take control of disease and lead a happy and fulfilled life.
We provide life-changing solutions for men, women, and adolescents at modern facilities in a warm, friendly environment.
Our evidence-based, individualized treatment is divided into three phases to provide the most life-enhancing recovery experience possible. We offer expert medical and psychological care and support during detoxification, primary treatment and throughout aftercare.
At RiverMend Health, we offer our patients:
- Expert medical care by board certified addiction medicine doctors
- Medically managed detoxification
- An intensive and comprehensive medical, psychiatric, neurological, and psychological evaluation
- Evidence-based individualized treatment programs that include educational and therapy groups, individual counseling, structured exercise, nutrition counseling, spiritual care and 12-step programs
Get Help Now
Call 844-871-3187 to speak to a RiverMend alcohol disorder expert. Our compassionate, friendly staff will guide you through a free phone consultation, discuss your treatment options, and schedule an in-person evaluation from a physician at one of our RiverMend Health alcohol addiction treatment centers.