Opioid abuse has reached an epidemic level in the state of Georgia.
Georgia ranks among top 11 states with the most prescription opioid overdoses.
- Opioid overdose deaths tripled between 1999 and 2013 in the state of Georgia.
- In 29 counties drug overdose rates outpace the rest of the United States.
Together, we have the power to stop it.
Our Report on Addiction will answer questions such as:
- What impact has the opioid addiction epidemic had on the state of Georgia?
- How have recent advances in neuroscience changed our understanding of addiction?
- What are important attributes of a comprehensive addiction treatment program?
- What is recovery and the secret to success in helping more people achieve it?