Dr. Earley has been an addiction medicine physician for over 25 years. He treats all types of addictive disorders and specializes in the assessment and treatment of health care professionals. As a therapist, he works with patients already in recovery, providing long term therapy for those who suffer from this disease. His professional expertise extends to advocacy for professionals before agencies and licensing boards. Dr. Earley speaks nationally and internationally on topics of addiction, its treatment and addiction among health care professionals. He is the author of numerous books and articles on addiction and its treatment, including “The Cocaine Recovery Book”. He is one of the authors of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Textbook: “Principles of Addiction Medicine”, including the chapter: “Physician Health Programs and Addiction among Physicians”.
His work was featured in the documentary series on addiction entitled “Close to Home” by Bill Moyers. He has championed recovery in two appearances on the Oprah Winfrey show. Dr. Earley is a Fellow of ASAM and has been on the board of ASAM for over 10 years in several capacities. He has developed multiple treatment centers and has been the Medical Director of two nationally acclaimed addiction programs specializing in the care of addicted health care professionals. He is currently the Medical Director of the Georgia Professionals Health Program, Inc. and Earley Consultancy, LLC, training and consulting firm.
- Addiction Medicine Physician
- Recovery Therapist
- Speaker; National and International on topics of addiction, treatment, and addiction among health care professionals
- Contributor to American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Textbook
- Author of numerous books and articles including, “The Cocaine Recovery Book”, and “Principles of Addiction Medicine”
- Work is featured in documentary series, “Close to Home”
- Championed recovery in two appearances on the Oprah Winfrey Show
- Fellow, ASAM
- Medical Director of two nationally acclaimed addiction programs
- Medical Director, Georgia Professionals Health Program, INC
- Medical Director, Earley Consultancy, LLC, training and consulting firm