Dr. Kenneth Sandler is a leading authority on the subject of addictions with more than 30 years of experience in addiction medicine. He founded the Lighthouse at Mays Landing in 1986, with a vision to provide compassionate, evidence-based, and effective treatment for individuals with chemical dependency. Lighthouse is a 62-bed facility that treats both adolescents and adults. It is the only Joint Commission approved facility of its kind in the state of New Jersey, with both adult and adolescent detoxification services.
For the past 16 years Dr. Sandler has been a Clinical Professor at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He has also worked as the Medical Director of the Fairmount Institute, a private psychiatric hospital in Philadelphia. During his tenure, he was instrumental in opening a separate unit for adolescents with dual diagnoses. Dr. Sandler was a substance abuse consultant to the National Football League for seven years.
He received his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and is board certified in psychiatry and addictions by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Board Certified, Psychiatry and
- Board Certified, Addiction Medicine
- Founder, Lighthouse at Mays Landing
- Clinical Professor, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Medical Director, Fairmont Institute
- Substance Abuse Consultant to the National Football League