Harry L. Haroutunian M.D., known by all his patients as “Dr. Harry,” is an internationally known speaker on the topics of addictive disease and its treatment. Dr. Harry developed the “Recovery 101” lecture series on topics of Addiction Medicine, Recovery Issues, Communication Skills and Relapse Prevention. Dr. Haroutunian is a physician, educator and internationally known lecturer and entrepreneur. He is the author of “Being Sober” and co-author of “Hijacking the Brain”. He practiced medicine in Vermont for more than thirty years and is Board Certified in Addiction Medicine and Board Certified in Family Medicine. Dr. Haroutunian was recruited by Garrett O’Connor, M.D. to Betty Ford after training and then working as faculty in addiction medicine at the Weil Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Haroutunian serves as Physician Director at the Betty Ford Center where he is a valuable contributor to both the team and in the development of programs that include: Extended Care Program; Family Program, Licensed Professional Program and Clinical Diagnostic Evaluation Program. He is active in the California recovering community as a recovering physician, expert and advocate for treatment.
Dr. Haroutunian is a regular contributor to WebMD, answering many questions from families and individuals with inquires about addiction. He serves on many committees devoted to Physician Health and Recovery, including the Pharmacy and Therapeutic and Medical Education Committees.
- Board Certified, Addiction Medicine
- Board Certified, Family Practice
- Addiction Expert / contributor to WebMD
- Member, Pharmacy and Therapeutic and Medical Education Committee
- Creator, “Recovery 101” lecture series, Addiction Medicine, Recovery Issues, Communication Skills, Relapse Prevention
- Author, “Being Sober”
- Co-Author, “Hijacking the Brain”
- Physician Director, Betty Ford Center
- Faculty, Addiction Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Committee Member, Physician Health and Recovery, Pharmacy and Therapeutic and Medical Education Committees