Dr. Daniel Angres is a national expert in psychiatry, addiction, and physicians’ health programs. Currently, he serves as the Medical Director of the Positive Sobriety Institute as well as Chief Medical Officer of RiverMend Health Addiction Services.
Dr. Angres has been a top, nationally recognized, expert in addiction and dual disorders evaluation and treatment medicine with a specialty in working with addicted professionals for 30 years. Dr. Angres has lectured at major academic medical centers across the USA.
Dr. Angres’ work has helped change the field, addiction treatment methods and outcomes. Dr. Angres has been published in peer reviewed journals, referenced by other leaders, and has authored two ground-breaking books on the subject of chemical dependency, “Healing the Healer” and “Positive Sobriety.”
Dr. Angres has been active in teaching and research in Chicago and is an Adjunct Associate Professor of Psychiatry at Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine’s Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
- Medical Director Addiction Services, Rush Behavioral Health-Addiction Services
- Associate Professor, Psychiatry, Rush University College of Medicine
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Psychiatry, Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine
- Publication: A Two Year Longitudinal Outcome Study of Addicted Health Care Professionals: An Investigation of the Role of Personality Variables
- Founder and Medical Director, Rush Behavioral Health
- Author of “Healing the Healer”
- Author of “Positive Sobriety”
- Author of “Miswired”