Drug Use Disorders & Addiction
Overcoming drug abuse and dependency begins with the decision to ask for help. Whether you are addicted to prescription medication, cocaine, marijuana, heroin, methamphetamines or opioids, RiverMend Health offers life changing treatment. Our comprehensive, multidisciplinary treatment program equips our patients with the tools necessary to live an addiction-free, healthy, and fulfilled life.
Remarkable advances in neuroscience and behavioral medicine have demonstrated that drug addiction is a complex and multifaceted brain disease characterized by a loss of control over the use of drugs that results in recurring and progressively adverse consequences.
Signs and symptoms may include:
- Loss of behavioral control—not being able to stop using drugs, risky or inappropriate conduct, failed attempts to quit or control using
- Tolerance—the need to drink greater amounts of alcohol to attain the same effect
- Mood swings
- Increasingly stressed family or interpersonal relationships
- Diminished job or academic performance
- Heightened defensiveness
- Physical dependence
- Withdrawal syndrome
Treatment and Recovery
Like diabetes or cardiovascular disease, addiction is a chronic debilitating condition that requires highly focused individualized treatment followed by long term care and support.
Components of our comprehensive continuum of care include:
- Medically supervised hospital based detoxification and stabilization
- Multidisciplinary inpatient and residential programs
- Intensive outpatient programs
- Transitional living programs
- Long-term continuing care programs
At RiverMend Health we offer life-changing solutions for men, women, and adolescents at modern facilities in a warm, friendly environment.
Based upon best practices in addiction & behavioral medicine our comprehensive treatment includes:
- Expert medical care by physicians whom are board certified in addiction medicine and psychiatry
- Medically managed detoxification
- Comprehensive medical, psychiatric, neurological, and psychological evaluation
- Evidence-based individualized treatment programs that include educational and therapy groups, individual counseling, structured exercise, nutrition counseling, spiritual care and 12-step programs
Our evidence-based, individualized treatment is divided into three phases to provide the most life-enhancing recovery experience possible. We offer expert medical and psychological care and support during detoxification, primary treatment and throughout aftercare. Lifelong recovery is our goal.
Get Help Now
Call (877) 879-3312 to speak to a RiverMend drug use disorder expert. Our compassionate, friendly staff will guide you through a free phone consultation, discuss your treatment options, and schedule an in-person evaluation from a physician at one of our RiverMend Health alcohol addiction treatment centers.